Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Living in the Northwest we expect low temperatures and high precipitation during the Fall/Winter months, but this year things have started a little earlier than usual! Thanks to the weather patterns of El Nina (El Nino's sister?) :) we received our first snowfall on Friday, November 19th. Within a half hour, the weather went from 30 something degrees with a mix of snow and rain to 5 inches of fresh powder. What a great weekend for Baker to open, don't ya'll think?



It is now Tuesday and we haven't seen much more snow since the weekend, but from what we hear - South of us (Seattle, Tacoma area) was hit pretty hard, I-5 Monday night was a parking lot. We have also received a "Winter Weather Advisory Warning"  for sub-zero temperatures and high winds. Gusts up to 60 MPH, can ya'll believe that? Better hold on to that wheel with both hands drivers and bundle up your kiddos as they make their way to school!  I am thankful for many things this year, one of which is my new 4-Runner. I don't think my little Honda would have taken nicely to these icy roads!


With all this cold weather I am also thankful that we finished up our Christmas shopping a few weeks ago. We had everything wrapped up sitting on our foyer table, so we decided why not bring out the tree early this year! There are no rules for these type of things and although some people may call us crazy, we'll just call you Scrooges :) So here are a few pictures of our Sunday Funday, I cannot put into words how much joy these seasons bring to us. There is nothing more enjoyable then spending time with your loved ones while listening/dancing to Christmas music and drinking hot cocoa (with mini marshmallows of course). Can it be Christmas all year long? I don't think that's too much to ask :)

Lucky trying to figure out where Daddy went...
 Taadaa!!
Also, I plan on doing some serious baking in the next few weeks; I have made a small list, but knowing my sweet-tooth husband there will be many more varieties to come :) I am taking requests too if you're attending the Ugly Sweater party (just let me know!) But really, how can you go wrong with sweets?

 Spritz Cookies
Hershey Blossoms
Gingerbread Men/Women ;)
Snicker Doodles
Sugar Cookies (w/ and w/o frosting)
 and last, but certainly not least...
Candy Cane Cookies (with crushed peppermint on top!!!)
<3 The Williams

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had no idea you were a blogger!! Im following send me your email address and I will add you to mine too... Its private... long story.. stalkers and all. did you take all these pictures? I need some lessons! Very pretty, and Happy Thanksgiving!! Your blog is cute!
kacee